Thursday, April 12, 2018

Bread is the new black.


A few years ago in a lonely night I grabbed one of my grandma's recipe book and bake my first loaf of bread, it was disgusting, almost inedible but I continued and week after week I baked a different thing based on numerous recipes on the web and family books, I soon figured out which ones were a little off and where could I improvise a little, my faves still are my chai cupcakes and oatmeal muffins but as I continued to grow personally and in the kitchen I started to return to the basics, the magical reaction between flour, yeast and water; I started with pizza dough and again, the first one was not my best, but now, a couple years after I have my own recipe and it stills amazes me to see it grow and prosper until I eat it, I also started with a lot of cheese, sausages, ham and pepperoni on top but now I think I enjoy it the most with some mozzarella and a couple slices of tomato and  basil (perfection).
///
Hace un par de años, una noche solitaria tomé un libro de recetas de mi abuela y hornee mi primer pastel, estuvo horrible, casi incomible pero lo seguí intentando y semana tras semana horneaba algo diferente basándome en numerosas recetas de la Internet y libros de mi familia, pronto me di cuenta de cuales sonaban raro y no iban a resultar y hasta encontré lugar para la improvisación, mis favoritos siguen siendo mis cupcakes de té chai y los muffins de avena pero mientras que crecí personalmente y en la cocina comencé a regresar a lo básico, la mágica reacción entre la harina, la levadura y el agua; comencé por la pasta para pizza, y de nuevo, la primera vez no fue la mejor de las veces, ahora, un par de años después tengo mi propia receta y todavía me sorprende ver nacer y crecer mi masa hasta que me la como, también comencé poniéndole una gran cantidad de queso con salchicha, jamón y pepperoni pero siento que ahora la disfruto mas con solo un poco de mozzarella y unas rebanadas de jitomate y albahaca (la perfección)


I feel like my journey in baking has been more enjoyable now that I have returned to basic loafs of bread, and it's the aesthetic of nature that pleases me the most, I now can't buy sandwich bread or burger buns on a store because it just doesn't tastes or feels the same and who would have thought that chapati would be the best companion of my daily meals? my next step terrifies me and I have postponing it... making starter for sour dough.
///
Siento que he disfrutado mi camino por la panadería un poco mas desde que regrese a hogazas básicas de pan y es también la estética de lo natural lo que mas me agrada, ya no puedo comprar pan de caja o para hamburguesa en cualquier tienda pues siento que no se siente ni sabe igual y ¿quién hubiera pensado que el chapati sería el perfecto acompañante de mis comidas diarias? El siguiente paso me aterra y continuo postergándolo... preparar masa madre.


Lots of love!

Florencia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10